I have always loved running. One goal I always knew I wanted to accomplish was to do a half marathon at some point. My sister Steph talked me into running the Hunstville Half with her. Her husband Cory also ran the half with us. It was such a fun experience and I am glad I did it. For anyone who has been to Hunstville, Texas you know how hilly it is. The hills were killer for me and I was not as ready for them as I thought. Before the race I told myself "I didn't want to walk at all and just wanted to finish"....as I was about half way in the race I changed those goals to "I just want to finish". WELL I DID IT...I FINISHED and that's what I am proud of. I think I have found a new love...after the race, I was already thinking about the next one. The next one I do will be for time. Jared came to watch me...he stood at the half way point and at the finish line. When I saw him at the halfway point, I got teary eyed because he is so supportive. The day before the race there was a cute running shirt and a note on the counter from Jared when I got home from work. He's the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Go Whitney! You look hot and sexy in your running gear. ;-)
Post a Comment